PatientNOW Suggested Technology Requirements
As a PatientNOW customer, you are responsible for all IT Support, Hardware, Networking, and Disaster Recovery as follows:
IT Support – You MUST have a LOCAL person/company to:
Install, configure, and maintain all hardware, networking, and disaster recovery devices and insure that all devices are joined to the domain.
Install all servers, workstations, printers, scanners, cameras, and all other hardware and software components as necessary.
Install Microsoft Outlook and configure.
Install a Logmein Link on the server.
Install PatientNOW on all the local machines.
Troubleshoot network connection and other local operator issues.
PatientNOW is a premium DELL reseller and can provide quotes for DELL hardware.
PatientNOW customers may purchase DELL at PatientNOW cost.
Server Minimum Configuration
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 64-Bit
Set up as a domain controller or included in a domain with active directory
Current Duo or Quad Core Intel® Xeon processor
8GB Ram or greater (dependent on number of users)
Raid 1 or Raid 5 disk array with 15,000 rpm drives; capacity dependent on storage needs
Dual gigabit network cards
Physical location in a well-ventilated, protected area
If utilizing Microsoft Exchange, PatientNOW must be installed on a separate server.
PatientNOW Remote Access to Server
High Speed Internet access
Logmein Link provided by PatientNOW
Battery back-up on server to allow safe shut-down of server during power outages
Off-site back-up. Preferably on-line automated back-up.
Antivirus on server and all workstations with all updates applied. Recommend ESET NOD 32
Networking – Commercial Grade
Network switch with 3 or more Gigabit connections
If laptops or tablets will be used, wireless access point N band, capable of bridging
If accessing PatientNOW remotely, there are 2 server options:
- For minimal or light use (2 or fewer concurrent sessions), the PatientNOW server may be configured with additional ram and processing capability
- For heavy remote use, a second server should be setup with MS Terminal Services.
For either option, installed Microsoft Terminal Service User CALS (licenses) to handle the number of simultaneous remote user sessions
Workstations: To access the server remotely there are 2 workstation options
- Existing PCs and Remote Desktop Connection
- Wyse thin client Model Z90D7-4G FLASH/2G RAM Dual core, installed with WYSE TCX Software
Pentium 4 or Duo Core Processor (or equivalent)
4GB Ram – XP Professional or windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Do not use Home versions.
Virus protection with updates applied (NOD32)
Joined to Domain
In addition, for Desktop PCs
- 19” or larger Monitor
- Network Interface Card (100/1000)
In addition, for Tablet or Laptop PCs
- Wireless N
In addition, for Mac users
- Parallels with Windows 7 Professional installed, not Bootcamp
- 8 GB Ram (4 for Mac side and 4 for Windows side)
Additionally for Workstations with Scanners attached
Locally Attached Scanner
- USB 2.0 Port
- Joined to Domain
- We recommend Fujitsu Scanners 6130 or 6140
- Scanner must have Twain driver
- PCs must meet requirements for Desktop, Tablet, and Laptop PCs on previous page
At least one network-attached laser printer. We suggest a higher quality color printer capable of duplex printing.
Other Peripherals (Optional)
Contact Sales to add any of the following optional peripherals
- Barcode reader
- Credit Card reader
- Cash Drawer (APC100)
- Gift Card reader and Gift Cards
- Front desk web camera – Logitech web camera with USB connection and TWAIN driver
- Digital SLR camera – Canon Digital EOS Rebel
- Dymo printer for bar code labels – Label Writer 450
Additional Software Requirements
For e-mail functionality in PatientNOW, Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 installed on:
- workstations that will send/receive e-mail in PatientNOW
Microsoft Word installed on server (2003, 2007, or 2010)